About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Another good day: I got so much done!

But not as much as Middlest who, fueled by prednisone, cleaned out the fridge, polished the stove, de-thugged the kitchen counters and cleaned them to a fare-thee-well, and even had enough "spoons" to clean up one of three (literal) silver spoons that had crawled under the microwave when nobody was looking.

Middlest: "When you say you alphabetized your spices (when I was on prednisone last year), are you being literal or metaphorical?"

Me: "Look at the spices."

Middlest: "The ones in the cupboard are all jumbled up."

Me: "Look in the top drawer of the brown chest." (Sounds of drawer opening.)

Middlest: "I didn't know these were in here! I thought you just didn't season your food. I'm sure you told me or showed me when I first moved in, but I was pretty sick back then." No argument.

I came home from work with a ginormous martini glass, the decorative kind. It's about as tall as a Barbie, and I plan on using it for a photoshoot with some of the dolls. I also have an even taller wine glass that will be a prop for another shoot, but it's still on my desk at work.

The kitchen is so clean and uncluttered that it's a little unnerving, but I think I can adjust.

In knitting news, yesterday I finished frogging the scarf/cowl back to the first garter stitch rows, which I knitted on a 3. I'm knitting the body of it on a 2 and am far more pleased with the fabric that is coming off my needles now.

Right now I'm doing laundry. Middlest is off to bed, having more than earned a good night's rest. I'm going to wait until the second load is safely in the dryer.

There's been no repeat of last night's abdominal rumblings, for which I am most thankful. The house is quieting for the evening. I think I've got a decent chance at some effective scripture study if I go sit down in the queen chair and open my books. (I made such good time getting to work this morning that I didn't really have time to listen to my Book of Mormon like I usually do, so it's double duty tonight.)


No comments: