About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, November 02, 2017

More stuff comes home with me.

I've been wanting to try a pair of trouser socks, and I needed to double-check my bra size, so I stopped in at Cacique on the way home and found a pair of brown compression stockings that might not squeeze my feet off at my ankles. They weren't as expensive as the pair I bought at the drugstore a few months ago that I couldn't get on past my heel. Also brought home more Ricola and two boxes of saltines for Middlest, a package of hard-boiled eggs and more muffins from Costco. I think that's it. I didn't go nuts in the produce aisle tonight.

I wore the embroidered tunic to work today, and because it was a little more sheer than I'm comfortable with, I tossed on the cream fringed vest and felt like Jenny from Forrest Gump. (Well, minus the drugs and the tragic death.) Calling that a success.

I juggled two and a half lawyers today, and I think everything crucial got done.

My face still feels wonderful from last night's facial. Middlest gave me the science behind that, then laughed because I hadn't actually asked. My kid has a gift for learning all sorts of obscure things and sharing them without coming off as a know-it-all.

I took a video at lunch of my sweet potato shrieking in the microwave. It's posted to FB, but there was no way to link it to the blog, and I didn't think it was YouTube-worthy.

I thought I was ready to go to bed, but my stomach had other ideas. Hey up there! We're not done! Which is why I am downing half a mug of milk and half a muffin at 10:00pm.

No comments: