About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

More DP's, more yarn, and fussy-cutting

I think the real reason that they call it fussy-cutting is because it's fiddly and inspires childbirth words. I have no doubt that the quilt blocks these squares will fit into will be all the prettier because of the time I took to center the floral motifs within a 4.5" square, but my ankles and back are hoping there will be no more of it in the other six quilt blocks. Today I cut enough for twelve blocks, as Middlest is getting everybody's blocks this year, and Firstborn and Fourthborn are working on the other colorway.

I did have a moment of delight when I discovered that I'd already preshrunk the fabric for the last blocks in the quilt club we finished in September. Those fabrics are now pressed and stacked neatly for when the current blocks are done.

Today we went to Costco, and from there to the jewelry store because it was time for my rings' six month checkup and cleaning. After that we went to a yarn store I love but don't get to very often. I needed to buy more 00's in 4" and 6" because the Tardis ate one of my 4" needles last week while I was stopped at a long light. It slipped out of my fingers, did a one and a half gainer, and vanished under the seats. I've gone spelunking with a halogen flashlight, to no avail.

This is why my carbon fiber needles never leave the house.

While at the yarn store I found a skein of yarn that goes with the new clothing which arrived earlier this week. I envision hours of happy knitting once I decide on a design.

But for now I need to go fold all the laundry I did earlier today so I can take my meds and call it a day. I got most of the new blocks cut out before discovering that I'm going to have to Frankenpiece some scraps together in order to get enough 2-7/8" blocks to cut on the diagonal, unless I can find a similar fabric in my stash and Middlest doesn't mind.

Looking forward to the regional? area? broadcast stake conference tomorrow morning.

No comments: