About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Refi successful.

Got the confirmation today. They're overnighting the payout to Exorbitant Bank. Called my insurance agent and had them take the Tardis off as of last Thursday and update the loss payee to my credit union. Goodbye, multi-car discount. You were nice while you lasted.

In other news, my old roommate posted a picture of my 1998 chapbook to FB. She was cleaning things out, found it, and reread it. I'm glad she felt it had held up to time. I laughingly say that I've written the world's largest collection of pissed-off wife poetry. As well as (I think 300?) Mormon limericks.

I actually made it to Knit Night tonight. I've turned the heel on the baby sock and am ready to pick up stitches for the gussets. Before that, I hit the fabric store for a fresh supply of betweens and a handful of other items, including a needle threader with an LED light. How cool is that? I also bought small stacking boxes to organize my needles, pins, and various small tools. I'm tired of having to look in three or four unlabeled containers for what I need.

I suspect I'll be spending a good part of the weekend mucking out my studio, which looks like an explosion in a sweatshop.

On that happy note, I'll go to bed.

No comments: