About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, July 29, 2019

Bitten by the Zentangle bug

I started the second chapter in the primer last night. It was an almost completely execrable tile. And I'm OK with that. Anne Lamott, in her advice to writers, counsels to go ahead and write the [horrible] first draft. So I did.

Tonight I practiced two of the new tangles. I'm quite pleased with one of them. It's the one I hated the least last night. And I drew bigger circles for the second one. I'm updating iTunes on this computer and blogging a bit while some of the ink dries. I'll finish that tile tomorrow night.

I've listened to all seven chapters in this week's reading for Sunday School. Tomorrow I'll start reading each chapter in depth, chasing down the footnotes, and making notes as I go.

If I want to get any knitting done today (and not let Zentangle take over my creative life), I need to post this now and restart my computer.

No comments: