About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, August 01, 2019

Family council

We had one tonight, via conference call, with 80% of the kids and one son in love, regarding the children's father, who is Not Doing Well. We came to consensus on what needs to be done, and we have various tasks broken down by who is best suited for it. We talked on the phone for a little over an hour, and everyone was polite and thoughtful and helpful, just like families are supposed to be. I wish our family home evenings had been like this when they were little. (Instead of being the only family fight that begins and ends with prayer.) I am so proud of these people that their father and I made. Further affiant sayeth naught.

I finished last night's Zentangle and a new one before the conference call. I was halfway done with the next when I put my pens down. I finished it afterward and ate one and only one small bite of Nutella, and read a little more and noodled on Facebook and it's midnight and I'm not sleepy and I have to leave for work in a bit less than eight hours.

Blest be the ties that bind. Even 23 years post-divorce and six years post sealing cancellation and sealing to Beloved. I wish he (Beloved, obviously) were here tonight.

No comments: