About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday, blessed Friday

I did not fall asleep during the virtual staff meeting.

I found out how much my raise is going to be. I would be pleased with it, had this been a normal year. I'm both relieved and a little abashed, given how many people are looking for work. It takes effect at the end of next week.

My first skein arrived for this year's yarn club. The color name is Barcelona. I've never been to Spain (but I kinda like the music, LOL). To me it looks like Albuquerque on steroids. Do you remember the Southwest colors that were so popular in the mid-80's? Right color families, greater saturation. This might end up as socks-for-me, or combined with another skein from the same dyer to make a cowl. I'm going to let things percolate for a bit.

New yarn shop a (very) few miles north of me. Their grand opening was today. I may go check them out tomorrow.

I've got less than 14 hours to go in Anna Karenina, to which I am listening (and listening, and listening) on Audible. Maggie Gyllenhaal's narration is superb. I'll be driving in to the office one day next week, so depending upon traffic, that should knock out another two to three hours.

Why am I driving in, you ask? to empty out the mail cubicle. Office Manager said during our staff meeting that SemperFi has covered every available inch of my desk with mail and deposition transcripts. I will have to sort that out before I can start decommissioning the red ropes that contain closed files. The man dearly loves paper. I suspect that I will fill at least one, and possibly two, of the three locked recycling bins. I will take a fresh jar of Nutella. I have an ice tea spoon in a drawer at work. And on the way home, I hope to stop at Trader Joe's. I've been there once or twice since last March. And I am craving their triple ginger cookies.

I suspect my phone is charged-enough for me to watch another episode of Grantchester before calling it a day.

No comments: