About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, February 05, 2021

Zola-ology

Tonight after work I finished watching the second season of The Paradise.  Screenplay by Andrew Davies, who also wrote Sanditon (which I also enjoyed), the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice, Daniel Deronda (loved it, especially seeing Hugh Bonneville play a cad), 2008's Sense and Sensibility (which I am waiting to watch until during or after we read it in my book club),

Tonight I've had enough functional synapses to dive into the annotated Persuasion. Right now I'm waiting for the brownies to cool, and then I shall read some more. But I don't want to stay up too late, because ~

WE HAVE APPOINTMENTS FOR OUR COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ON TUESDAY!!!!!

~ and this article in Atlantic says that research suggests getting sufficient sleep in the days before getting the shot may minimize any side effects. We're getting the Moderna, which is presently known to be the drama queen of immunizations. SemperFi had to take the next day off after getting his, and he's in way better physical shape than I am. I've proactively arranged to take off Wednesday if necessary. Another article in Atlantic explains why it's a good thing if the body goes berserk after the second dose of vaccine.

The house smells heavenly. Time to divvy up the brownies and take one of my servings back to my room and my book. I'm working a little overtime tomorrow, to catch up my virtual desk after dealing with my literal desk all day yesterday. Eighty emails waiting for me when I logged on this morning. Eighty. Oye!

No comments: