About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, April 02, 2022

Don't know what to think.

First weekend in April and October is General Conference. I look forward to it with varying levels of anticipation, depending on what's going on in my life. Sometimes it's intense, the spiritual equivalent of kd lang's "Constant Craving." Sometimes it's quiet, more like The Eagles' "Peaceful Easy Feeling." It may be the result of my having been puny for so long, but this time around it was closer to the latter.

This morning I fired up my phone, grabbed my knitting, and dozed off maybe halfway in. This afternoon, same thing. This evening I remained awake and engaged for the entire two hours. (Do not fear. Knit also happened.)

I'd like to find out why it's so hard for me to stay awake for church, or when sitting still in general. There were a couple of days last week when I sang myself to work just to remain on the safe side.

I added several more rounds on the current knitting project, in between accidental naps. It's slow going, and oh so pretty. Thirty years ago I taught myself a modified continental knitting technique for Fair Isle which involved rocking my left hand, and It's Just Gone. (As long as I'm going with musical metaphors, Celine Dion would be disappointed that "It's [not] All Coming Back to Me Now.")

The final two sessions of Conference are tomorrow. I'm hoping to remain awake for both and finish this weekend with a modicum of glory.

No comments: