About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

I really should be asleep right now.

Finished the Anne Tyler book last night, shortly after getting home. Read another 20 pages in the memoir by the Iranian professor. Another hour or so should do it.

No reading today, because our attorneys catered a Tex-Mex spread to celebrate Administrative Professionals Day. It was seriously yummy, and there are leftovers for tomorrow. There were cards handmade by one of my former attorneys and signed by all of them.

I'm about halfway through Hope Street, a comedy/mystery/drama (or so it bills itself on BritBox) set in Northern Ireland in modern times. Great casting. Good acting. Interesting story arcs. Having lived in a tiny town in the Texas Hill Country, the small-town feel in this show runs true.

After more than 20 years in the office with prescribed working hours, I learned today that our office hours are changing effective next Monday. I had the option of keeping my current hours, starting earlier, or starting later. I'm going to try going in at 9:00 and working until 5:30. My only concern is how difficult it may be to back into my reserved parking space if the opposite spaces are filled. I'm anticipating that both morning and evening commutes will be less crowded. We shall see.

Done for the night, because Wordle ticks over in two minutes. Later, gators!

No comments: