About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, April 17, 2022

My cup got filled today.

Lunch with bestie followed by an early dinner with friends from the widows and widowers group. I told Middlest just before I walked out the door that I'd probably be gone until after dinner. I know me. If I had come home and changed into my PJs during the break, I wouldn't have left the house again.

I started the new audiobook yesterday, and after listening to it again today, I'm returning it for something that isn't peppered with F-bombs. I have a higher tolerance for them than I did a year ago, and I don't want to get any more comfortable with them. I'm trying the newest Anne Tyler. I've loved some of her books and felt meh about the others.

The clock has ticked over to Easter morning and my 70th birthday. Time to dig out the chocolate bunnies that I smuggled into the house and put into a "safe place" while I still remember where that safe place is. Then the new Wordle, then make the bed, brush my teeth, and crash.