About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Being Somebody

I read this article and thought you might like it.

My KnitPicks order came yesterday. And it’s three kinds of gorgeous! This kind:



[Two skeins of Gloss Sock, in Woodland Sage. The color is fairly true.] And this kind:



[Three skeins of Gloss Lace, in Mermaid, which is a much lighter aqua than you see here.] And this:



[Ten skeins of Gloss Lace, in Aegean, which is much darker than in this photo, about as deep as Prussian Blue, but greener.] Teal, not blue. (Repeat as necessary.) I also got my first Harmony needles, which I plan to use for knitting the lace yarns and maybe my contribution to my friend’s niece’s baby blanket.

In other happy knitting news, I am nearly done with the re-re-knitting of the cuff on the first Anastasia. Which means that I may finish it this weekend and pick up the second sock where I left it after discovering the extra K2tog and dropped stitch on the first one. I guess it’s a good idea that I’m not so OCD as to count every blessed stitch knit and tinked and frogged and knitted and tinked, ad infinitum, ad nauseam. Extending my preferred metaphor of “the glass is half full”? This yarn has been half-socked four times now and is nearly done with the fifth incarnation. This is if you count the two earlier sock patterns that the yarn didn’t want to be.

The morning light pouring in over the top of the fence around my patio is so warm and lovely. I tried to capture it with my camera, poking my hand through a gap in the vertical blinds, but the two shots I fired off, didn’t turn out. Doing the subject justice would require more time and attention than I care to give at the moment; I’d rather be knitting. So you’ll just have to take my word for it.

The patio itself could use a good sweeping. Not happening. I want some breakfast, and then I want to curl up and knit. I’m expecting a call from Best Friend about our junket to the museum. And I really, really need to do some laundry today. But oh Danny Boy, the yarn, the yarn is calling...

No comments: