About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Joy Rush List

Blessings on Barb for coming up with this idea. It has been a culturally rich and emotionally rocky week; it was good to ponder things that fill my cup and make it “runneth over”. Here’s a lucky 13.

1. Wind chimes
2. Double rainbows
3. Ben and Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk
Knitting. Even while I’m ripping it out. Or getting to the office without my instructions for round #2 of the Flared Lace Smoke Ring; found them just before bedtime last night, with the newspapers I brought home [for packing dishes] the night before.
4. Singing harmony with Michael BublĂ© to “Save the Last Dance for Me”
5. Spinning. When Micki let me play with her Lendrum at Knit Night a couple of months ago, I drove home weeping with joy.
6. Dancing East Coast Swing to Ray Charles’ “Let Me Take Over” or Chaka Khan’s “I Want”
7. Singing with my daughters
8. Diana Krall singing “Besame Mucho”
9. Falling asleep with the late afternoon sun slanting through the blinds and onto my face
10. Pansies
11. Kissing a man who likes me, likes to kiss, and is in no hurry
12. Just about anybody singing “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” Michael BublĂ©, Dwight Yoakam, Queen
13. Holding my grandbabies while they sleep

It’s Thursday. Tonight is LittleBit’s spring choir concert. She has ten more days of school. And after three different cast-ons [casts-on?], I am on round #3 of the Flared Lace Smoke Ring, transferring my stitches carefully from the DP’s that established and stabilized the first two rounds, onto my lovely KnitPicks Harmony needle.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

And obviously I can't count, because I missed #3.5, about knitting.