About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things That You See When You Don’t Have Your Camera

This. First spotted as I was driving home from taking Fourthborn and Fiancé to work yesterday morning.



And this, right around the corner.



I made sure that I had my camera when I went back at the end of the day. So maybe it isn’t a joke? And some family really is worried half to death over a missing chicken?

I must confess that when I saw the first sign, the laugh that erupted was nigh unto a cluck. Because my next thought was, “Better check with The Colonel”. And of course, this adventure made SuburbanCorrespondent’s post even funnier than usual. [Poor piggie! Poor bunnies!]

Yesterday was terrific on many fronts. All my bookcases are emptied. This one had all my cookbooks, French and German texts, and the spillover of my church books.



You can’t see the hall bookcase behind these boxes, because it folds up.



Empty-ish bookcases in my room.



My closet is packed up, except for what I wear on a regular basis. And the stuff that needs to be washed. [But no guilt, because it wasn’t on my list for yesterday.]



And here.



And here.



I will spare you the shots of what my bed looked like, five minutes before I crashed last night. Suffice it to say that my Amerindian name translates to “Sleeps With Boxes”.

And there was knitting.



That first troublesome and much-tinked first pattern section is done, and I am halfway finished with the second repeat, which is going far more smoothly. I did not have to start over on larger needles, after all.

In spite of all that I was able to accomplish, it was still a calm and relaxing day. I filled 32 small boxes and 4 copy-paper boxes. Used up the tag ends of two rolls of packing tape and bought two more. I still can’t get to the couch to relax with a movie and my knitting. Maybe after I get the extraneous kitchen stuff packed?

It’s Tuesday. Everybody back to work! [Be careful out there!]

4 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Just watching you pack is giving me horrible flashbacks to our move last year.

And thanks for the shout-out - yes, that chicken may not have been long for this world if Rachel had gotten her hands on it...

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I took pictures of the lost chicken sign, too. No, it's not a joke. I've seen it written about in the paper and the news vans were out there the other day interviewing the family.

Bonnie said...

Now there's a woman who likes to box! I'll keep you away from all of DH Ultimate Fighting friends for their own protection.

Rory said...

I'm impressed at how well your packing is going. I finally got back over to where my stuff is this evening and was only able to pack two bins before I just couldn't deal with THEM anymore. It's more progress than I've made in the last two months, but it's going frustratingly slow.

I'm proud of you for getting it all packed up.