About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Duplex, Before

I took these pictures of my new neighborhood Sunday morning, after realizing that I went to the wrong ward and needed to kill some time before my own ward started.

Morning light through a tree in the front yard.



The back yard.



The back door.



The driveway.



Looking up into another tree. Not sure if you can see that twisted branch.



Where the upside-down tomatoes will go.



Its armless friend?



I have more photos, but I need to edit out the house numbers first. This is near a number-free porch column.



Another shot of the back yard, between that first view and the end of the driveway. Lots of trees. Have I mentioned how much I like the trees?



I cast on the Flared Lace Smoke Ring yesterday. Twice. The first time I used the long tail cast-on, and it was too tight. The second time I used the knitted cast-on, and it was not quite snug enough. I am going to cast on again holding two size 4 DP’s together [and pulling one out before I knit] and the longtail cast-on and see if that works. I also assembled my KnitPicks Harmony circ and will see how that goes; the Addi Lace was just a little too slippery with the 100% cashmere yarn. I think if I knit the first round or two on DP’s and then move to the circ, I will have smooth transitions from one needle to another and can knit the balance using Magic Loop.

I lost out on my bid for a box to hold my silverware yesterday; the auction closed while I was sitting on the train. I’ll try again. Yes, I could go pay retail in a store, but why?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I am so excited that you will have your own space to plant and liven up as you see fit. This will definitely be different from anything you've had in the recent past.