About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Uh-Oh

I dreamed that I was spinning last night. Some sort of Louet-ish wheel, and a lovely bit of wool about the same color as LittleBit's prom dress.

I used to own a Louet S-10. I used to have a mail-order business selling them out of my home, about 20 years ago. I sold my wheel to a friend when we moved to the Texas Hill Country in 1991. I sold my Louet 4-harness loom to a different friend when we moved back a year and a half later.

I still have a couple of Ziploc bags of camel/tussah roving, picked up sometime between 1984 and 1991. I still have my spinning chair; it lives in front of the sewing machine that I barely touch.

I don't think any of my Sisters of the Wool [my knit night ladies] are spinners. I don't know where this dream came from, if it's wheel envy from seeing what Knitspot and the Harlot are up to, or if it's the first whisperings of inspiration, or nostalgia, or just the random synaptic firings of someone who's severely congested and quite possibly oxygen-deprived.

Mom? I'm scared!

2 comments:

Ms. Knitingale said...

Hmmm...I feared the end of that story would be that you woke up and realized you'd been spinning your hair or something as you slept! It's clear that the wheel is calling you, Dear. Now, if you only lived near enough to teach me how....

Lynn said...

I learned to spin, milk a goat, and drive a stickshift in the same, extremely ~intense~ three-week period, back in 1984. The girls all thought their names were "shut up, d@mm1t" for awhile.

I promise, you don't want *me* teaching you how to spin! But it would be lovely if you were closer to Texas, and we could pick up dropped stitches together.