About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What is wrong with this sign?



I was heading north on a major street Saturday morning when I saw this sign. I couldn't wait for Monday morning so I could photograph it for my blog. [It's near the chapel where LittleBit has early morning seminary and just down the road from the kolache shop.]

What do *you* think of when you think "notary public"? We have several in our law office: some of them legal secretaries and some of them paralegals, and each of them a lady [though not one of them stuffy]. Do you not think "respectable" when you think "notary"? Is not the concept "notary + tattoo" a significantly greater oxymoron than "Lynn + camera"?

Thanks. I thought so, too.

OK, now that we've solved the problem of the sign, what about the "moderate comments" tags that remain unchecked if I publish from the notification in my inbox? I am having to come back after publishing a comment to "reject" them. I hope this does not mean that eventually they will all disappear [as EZ would say] like piddle in the sand.

Let the record show that I have successfully liposuctioned a picture from my camera, onto my hard drive, and into a post. Me. While baking brownies, no less! Took me forever to figure out where to *find* it on my hard drive, but I typed out the logic chain into Word and have it saved. One of these days I will have to put my knitting down long enough to finish reading those manuals.

Will try for something a little more scenic:



This is a Bradford pear tree in bloom on the UTA campus [University of Texas at Arlington]. I pulled into a faculty parking lot in a mist of raindrops -- thought I was in Seattle for a moment -- and caught this last weekend.

OK, feeling brave. Will try for some actual knitting content:



LittleBit's purple tweed socks, the first FO of the year, in KnitPicks Essential Tweed in a *much* darker color. I think this neon effect is due to my having photographed them atop the granddaughter's bolero.

The toes:



The heels:



OK, now I'm off to take a deep, cleansing breath.

2 comments:

Fiberjoy said...

Hmm, blogger just zapped my previous attempt.

I wouldn't want anyone who's hellbent to notorize my papers!

Hurray Lynn, you've learned to use your camera and uploading with some great pictures! The Bradford pear trees are so lovely and symmetrical.

(blogger's messing with me again, but this time the message has been saved. muwahaha)
The speckling in those socks really set them off.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

That tree is utterly beautiful and restores one's faith in everything (well, almost everything, let's not get carried away).

And YAY for the socks and your pictures. I know, I never read the manuals either - I bang all the buttons, swear (quietly, I promise), then throw a fit and look for somebody big and confident and capable to FIX IT. That's how I finally limped into the realm of the Internet and blogging, but it was a long, slow, painful covered-waggon ride on a very bumpy road.

It gets better from here on. No, honestly! Would I dare lie to you?

(Oh and by the way I missed that idiotic daylight saving thing too - got a smug smile in a Californian cafe when I tried to get breakfast and was told everyone was on big heavy lunches already. What gives with this new idea? Didn't the bright spark who thought it up realise what it's done to computers, not to mention MOI?