About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Reality Check

Good cop.



Bad cop. Get out your magnifying glass or your bifocals. Those arrows looked *huge* when I inserted them in Paint, LOL.



Can you see where I twisted the cables in the wrong direction? I can. Rather than dancing a fine jig around their neighbors, they have seized the bit in their teeth and headed north-northeast like I-35W out of Cowtown. [Three metaphors, neatly scrambled like the eggs I think I might have for breakfast. I woke up a little before 3:00. I'm mixing, mangling, and marinating metaphors with gleeful if groggy abandon.]

The sad thing, the truly pitiful thing about this, is that I'm knitting both front panels at once. And I caught it on the other front and corrected it yesterday. And did not think to look at this one to see if I'd messed it up as well.

On a brighter note, I found *this* on the Knitty website yesterday:

I tried to blow it up in Paint but only had to laugh. So here's the link: http://www.cafepress.com/knitty.114850001
I'm thinking this would be an excellent shirt to wear to the next singles dance, as I'm sitting them out with my knitting.
[Could have gone last night after the monthly dinner with Brother Sushi, but didn't. Between LittleBit's tonsillitis and the tornado, between Not Workout One All Week and two days of visitors to the office, I felt as if I had been steeked using a rusty treadle sewing machine and a particularly dull pair of shears. So I came home, put on my jammies, and went to bed like a sensible human being.]
I'm heading back to bed for a couple of hours. This is the day of our monthly quilt class. I wonder if any of the girls remembers, besides me?

No comments: