About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bead me up, Scotty!

I think I’m done beading this.

First a group shot, showing the orange drawer full of beads leftover from Firstborn’s wedding, then the small storage chest that is organized in classic OCD fashion, by color and type, with color-coded labels. Secondborn found this for me at a shop in FW that had gone out of business. It’s where she also got the plant stand that’s in the corner of the living room with the basket of sheep on it, and the four red [fiberglass?] candlesticks that are in the dining room and the two French prints-on-canvas on the dining room wall. I spent the better part of a day, several months ago, meticulously sorting and labeling the drawers. The pink blob is a fob I made from leftover needlepoint yarn, to identify my best sewing scissors for when I took them to workshops.

Here’s a close-up of the finished beading. I should have taken a close-up of the fringe that I bought today, as well. [Which I got on closeout for 2.99 a yard!] As you can see from the first photo, it alternates dark fringe with light. The light sections tone well with the honey-colored tussah silk and the lighter beads. The dark ones go with the slipcover and the teal green paint on the coffee table. I will try to remember to take another picture when the pillow is finished, which as we know from the saga of the sofa table, could be awhile.



Mr. DeMille, we’re ready for our close-up!
Now comes the part I’m not crazy about: putting things away. On the other hand, I really like being able to find the couch and the coffee table when I want to watch a movie. Which we did this evening: Bridge to Terabithia. Neat little movie.
I did a little knitting this morning too, but not enough to fire up the camera again.

No comments: