About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On Speaking Terms Again

The Muse and me, that is.

Almost a week without knitting. I'm sure that's a good part of why I've felt so cranky the past few days; fiber is the second most addictive substance in the world, the first being oxygen. At least for those of us who are not-green and rootless.

Rootless. That's kindof how I've been feeling. The beading has been most pleasant. I have a spot about 4 inches square that is beaded within an inch of its life. And a whole lot of framed silk lying fallow at the moment.

I think I may have found a knitting project. http://gonnapurl.blogspot.com/2006/01/scarf-patterns.html The Wavy Razor Shell Scarf, up at the top. It's fixin' to be a long and quite possibly difficult day. And I feel rather unprepared for it. But if there is some unfrogged knitting when I close my eyes tonight, I'll call the day a success.

Film at 11 [tomorrow].

2 comments:

Tan said...

Yes, you must knit to keep your sanity. Especially if you have to get up at 00-dark-hundred hours.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Love the razor shell scarf - go for it. Loved your description of the beading adventure too - still have to try that enemy terrain myself. Best of all I liked your furniture-hunting expedition - right after my own heart. If you ever see another folding rocking chair out there, keep it for me, will you?