About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On Speaking Terms Again

The Muse and me, that is.

Almost a week without knitting. I'm sure that's a good part of why I've felt so cranky the past few days; fiber is the second most addictive substance in the world, the first being oxygen. At least for those of us who are not-green and rootless.

Rootless. That's kindof how I've been feeling. The beading has been most pleasant. I have a spot about 4 inches square that is beaded within an inch of its life. And a whole lot of framed silk lying fallow at the moment.

I think I may have found a knitting project. http://gonnapurl.blogspot.com/2006/01/scarf-patterns.html The Wavy Razor Shell Scarf, up at the top. It's fixin' to be a long and quite possibly difficult day. And I feel rather unprepared for it. But if there is some unfrogged knitting when I close my eyes tonight, I'll call the day a success.

Film at 11 [tomorrow].

2 comments:

Tan said...

Yes, you must knit to keep your sanity. Especially if you have to get up at 00-dark-hundred hours.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Love the razor shell scarf - go for it. Loved your description of the beading adventure too - still have to try that enemy terrain myself. Best of all I liked your furniture-hunting expedition - right after my own heart. If you ever see another folding rocking chair out there, keep it for me, will you?