About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Twin Peaks Progress

Nothing exciting happening here, just a lovely, quiet summer so far. I’m learning new tasks at work, and they leave me happily exhausted at the end of the day. And when I’m not at my desk, I’m knitting.

This is where the shawl was when I went to bed on Saturday night.



And this is where I left it Sunday night.



And this is where we are at 6:07 on Wednesday morning.



And this is who came to visit with Fourthborn on Sunday night. Beatrix, or Bea for short:



And Larxine, pronounced “lark-sheen”.



Although I may have their names switched, and if so Fourthborn will gently correct me. She and her fiancé have followed Middlest’s lead in collecting these exquisite dolls from Korea. They use them as models for their artwork. And they have found one they think I would like [I do, and she’s way down on my list of priorities, after the living room chairs and the item of furniture I’m keeping an eye on at a shop in Dallas, and a new spinning wheel, and a new loom].
I'm off on Friday, and I'm hoping that after I get the must-do items crossed off the list, I can run Brother Sushi past the shop in Dallas to get his opinion on said item of furniture so I know whether to keep saving for it. All I will say at this point is that it's mostly red, and apparently old, and comparably priced with similar items I've googled. And both times that I have seen it, I have nearly wept for joy. I will also take a tape measure to see if it will fit where I think it should go, assuming that it passes muster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you did switch their names, and it's spelled larxene,but they loved meeting you.