About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Draining Nauvoo

I wish that I had thought to get a picture of my poor, bedraggled ankles when I limped out of the doctor’s office on Friday afternoon. Or, better yet, after eating restaurant food and sitting in a theatre for the better part of three hours that evening. [Although I think Brother Sushi and I would both have felt extremely weird focusing any attention on my legs; it’s just not that kind of a friendship.]

If you look at this badly-angled shot and imagine “love handles” on either side of the ankle bone, that’s a pretty fair idea of what I’ve been dealing with.



The second shot is what I woke up to this morning, after two days of dancing with Mr. Lasix. The “love handles” are nearly gone. Oh, and I have wrist-bones too.



The image that came to mind as I staggered to the “reading room” this morning was of the early Latter-Day Saints draining the swamp at Nauvoo. I almost can’t wait to get to the office and step on the scale to find out how many pints/pounds lighter I am than when I left on Thursday for a long weekend.

And the turquoise sock is half an inch away from starting the heel gusset. [Yes, the one I started yesterday morning at 9:05 in Relief Society. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.] So if y’all will please excuse me, I’m off to tend to my knitting! And to see what else I can download for free to listen to when it's not dark-thirty. I like the ladies upstairs; why on earth would I want to disturb their beauty sleep, when they're so kind about letting me have mine?

2 comments:

AuntieMame said...

I had a similar reaction to Anaprox. What a surprise to look down and see that my ankles had risen like bread dough on steroids!

I may have to call my Doc and get him to introduce me to Mr.Lasix!

~m~

Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh my goodness, Lynn. Your poor ankles! That had to have felt miserable. I hope they stay svelte and acquire no more love handles!