About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Mitzvah?

This is a recent article by my favorite living writer. Good stuff to think about, and not just for church meetings.

And how about yesterday’s NonSequitur: http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/ [this would be 9/27/07]

One of my friends has a lovely tradition. In memory of a sibling who has graduated from earth life, she does a good deed each year on her sibling’s birthday. Would that not be a marvelous way to honor a parent who has passed on? Think of all the good that has been done for women and the people who love them, in the name of Susan G. Komen, all because her sister Nancy Brinker would not let her memory die.

Much moverly progress last night; got 97% of my closet emptied and stacked along the walls. Now all we need is a bubba with a truck. Or possibly a bubbette. I have already emptied a box this morning and put two empty bookcases in place. I wonder how many boxes I can empty while the tub fills?

And yes, some knitterly progress as well. I am so liking the wing on MS3. To the point that I am seriously considering buying her PDF of the pattern, with the two-wing option. Not that I think of myself as a tragic swan. More that wrapping swan wings, or angel wings, around me when I am sitting in our icebox of a chapel on Sunday would be a tangible reminder of the love and blessings and protection that I feel, as well as a reminder of how far from angelic I am most days, and how much work still remains on rooting out the natural woman.

No comments: