About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moving, Day Two: No pictures, many boxes

Not so much with the pictures today. And my DSL at the old apartment went out just after I had posted last night. I thought that was pretty neat.

I/we moved about 2 dozen boxes today. And I got the pantry about half cleaned out. I’d fill the back seat with my nice catalogued boxes and put a single small strong box with a dozen cans of whatever into the front seat. Almost got a nap just before noon, actually fell asleep for a few minutes but then the phone rang.

LittleBit unplugged the computer for me after school, and I got most of it hooked up without asking for help. But I wasn’t sure which of several slots was the right one for the mouse, not without my manual, which was at the old apartment. And I didn’t want to mess with the DSL box. So she and her friend S [he’s kindof her Brother Sushi, so I need to come up with a name for him, but it won’t be tonight] got Humpty Dumpty together again.

I have 11 cabinets in the kitchen here, as opposed to 22 in the old one, and 5 drawers instead of 6. But I do have a gi-normous pantry, and that will be wonderful. So I’m going to have to be creative about storage. I’ll be looking for that Welsh dresser sooner rather than later, and in the meantime I think I will be repurposing the sofa table that I made, into a hold-all for the kitchen stuff I don’t use regularly but still need access to. I made it 6’ long, not as long as the sofa but almost, and about 5” too long to fit along the short wall in the new dining room.

I did get about 8 rows of knitting done throughout the day. I’m planning to head over to the liquor store tomorrow to scrounge some more heavy boxes, so I can move canned goods more than a dozen at a time. I have one box that is perfect, but it’s only one box. And I didn’t realize how successful I’d been at reaching toward a year’s supply until I had to pack and move it.

Fading fast. LittleBit is out of hangers. And I need to empty my suitcase so I can refill it tomorrow. I might have a hanger or two leftover when I’m done with this batch. Or not.

No comments: