About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Good week so far.

I only had 117 emails waiting for me at work on Monday. I was down to 14 or so when I left last night. I completed my mandatory training for this quarter. I was working yesterday's mail, having caught it up for one and a half dockets from the 27th.

I got a massage last night. The hip inflammation is back on my right side. Less so on the left. Both ankles are inflamed, left more than right. Right knee more than left. Shoulders tight but neck much improved. Overall, significantly more relaxed notwithstanding the flare ups. She said the anxiety is gone from my face and my voice.

She floated the idea of acupuncture. I am open to it and will see if my insurance covers it. She also suggested that if I had any anti inflammatory meds, that I take some last night, which I did. Slept like a champ.

I'm up to 40 minutes on the recorder each night. Loving it. And I have over $400 saved towards my banjo.

Much progress on my jacket. I am ready to start the increases for the back yoke and sleeves.

Sent out three of the letters yesterday to creditors of Beloved's estate. Faxed a fourth which did not go through. Will follow up on that today. Am waiting on the conformed copies of the paperwork, which are in the mail to me, and then it will be time to have a little chat with the mortgage company.

The cat has been banished to the garage with plenty of food and water. Monday night I saw that the scatter rug in the bathroom was all bunched up. He had left me a present. I've let the kids know. I hope they can come get him soon. He gets no further opportunities to poop in my house. At least he was not like the dogs that used to live here and did not leave it for me to step in.

There has been no emotional eating in two weeks. We should call the Guinness people or get it notarized or something. Taking three and a half bottles of water to work with me today. And some of that lovely peeled grapefruit from Costco. And maybe half a bagel if I can manage to swing by Walmart or Braum's for some cream cheese on the way to work. Those bagels are almost the size of a salad plate.

There is nothing on my calendar for tonight. I think I just might come home and put in a movie. Or go to bed early.

1 comment:

Tola said...

one of my furkids did the same thing yesterday. i have an idea which one, and i dont blame her at all. with the kittens here, she hasnt been getting as much attention from mommy and daddy. we do our best, but babies just require more attention than teens/young adults. as soon as we get one or both of these young'uns re-homed, the better for our household.