About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

It's interesting, sitting here in my body.

Although I don't know where else I'd be sitting. Left hand is cool and a little tingly because I've been holding my phone so long. Muscle in my neck started twitching because I had shifted position, and it was putting pressure on my elbow. I shifted again, and it stopped. Range of motion in my neck is reduced but not painful. (Quite an improvement from last week.) Knees are still a little achy from the two and a half hour drive to get home through construction after Knit Night.

I sang hymns almost all the way home. Even better than Vivaldi as a road rage preventative. I know a lot of hymns. And last night I sang them in my own key, to accommodate the restricted range of one very tired middle-aged body.

Before I leave for work this morning,  I need to fetch the trash can from the curb. I refilled the cat's bowls before I crashed, but that's as far as I got in terms of social responsibility.

So grateful not to be wrestling my personal demons this morning. Time to put down the phone and get ready for work. Massage tonight. Can't wait.

(I split an individual pizza with Fourthborn last night, and a brownie at Knit Night. Got us both a hot chocolate when I stopped for gas while taking her home. I was seriously rethinking that 20oz chocolate by the time I was ten minutes from home.)

No comments: