About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Dodged a bullet.

I am so glad that I married Beloved. He was so easy to love, and so easy to get along with. And he made it easy for me to be easy to get along with.

Some of you will remember that shortly before Beloved came along, I was dating a long time friend. Who is a very rough diamond but nevertheless a diamond. And a living example of the good is the enemy of the best. Once I determined where he should fit into the friend/boyfriend continuum, there was room in my life for Beloved, who was also making room for me.

If I had married the other man, we would be having words right now. (I would be waking him up, if necessary.) I just hid a post of his on FB in which he and one of his sons were bickering with another man. All three of them grown men, holders of the Priesthood, and behaving badly. And my friend started it.

So very, very glad that that man is not the head of my household, and that Beloved is. If he were here I would give him the world's biggest hug in sheer gratitude for his strength of character.

In musical news, I went to the nail salon and had my nails cut down to fingertip length but not filled. They're still too long for me to properly fret my banjo, but in another couple of months they should be all grown out, except maybe the thumbs. I think I might try the vinyl applique manicure in the meantime, if only for Halloween. I don't like how my hands look without long nails. I'm going to try to get used to it. Because I'm not completely happy without music. It helps me to feel whole and connected.

No comments: