About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Back in the saddle again (sort of).

I had a really good day at work. Thankfully, there were only a couple dozen new emails to wrangle, and I dealt with those pretty quickly. I got my To-Do's caught up, and my attorneys' calendars, and worked the mail from Friday and today. Filed one answer and did preliminary work for two new cases. Remembered to take my antibiotic on time. Ate and ate and ate.

I had quite the honey-do list when I left the office: file my taxes, pick up some OTC meds, wrap a baby shower gift for tomorrow, find out when the Plano quilt show is (August), get a dab of cash to help buy flowers at work, and do the laundry.

The second and final load is tumbling in the dryer as we speak. I worked for a few minutes on The Albatross. Texted Fourthborn to tell her that I don't think I'm up to a long drive and a late night tomorrow, so we will be skipping Knit Night.

I've nuked the bag of deer corn for my feet, taken my meds, and I'm going to read for about 15 minutes and call it a night. I've touched all of the important stuff, and I am both grateful and wiped out. I don't want to push my luck.

One last, really cool thing. I mentioned that the new female attorney in our office got married a couple of weeks ago. Today she showed me a lovely five minute video of highlights from her wedding. I cried. I hope she and her husband will be as happy as Beloved and I were, and I hope they get to spend many many years together.

No comments: