About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Just popping in to say how-do.

I had another good day at work. Kept steadily busy all day. Filed another answer. Got another one ready for SemperFi. Kept up with the emails and the To-Do's. Did not make it through the mail. Will catch up on that tomorrow.

I had already warned Fourthborn that I was not planning to go to Knit Night. I had just enough spoons to go home by way of the pharmacy and two fast food places. Why two? I vaguely remembered, something like 40 years ago, that Long John Silvers had clam chowder. And that I had liked it. Well, if they did, it's off the menu now. I got in the line, read the menu, and changed my mind. Hit Bueno on the way home.

Have spent most of the evening reading from the fourth book in the Heroes of Olympus series. Am going to read a couple more pages before hitting the sack. I did spend half an hour or so working on The Albatross. Am hoping that tomorrow night I will get a generous scoop of inspiration regarding the next segment of it, because tonight I am drawing a huge blank. I'm not liking the start I made and will probably pick it out when the alarm goes off in the morning.

But I do believe I'm tired enough, and sleepy enough, to fall asleep easily and sleep through the night. I think another couple of quiet nights at home will bring me back to what passes for normal around here. I am grateful for the increasing health and comfort. And I would prefer to be charging ahead rather than easing into first or second gear from granddaddy low.

No comments: