About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Glimmers

Last year I began to ponder how I observe the Sabbath. I refined some of my choices, and I could feel greater peace, inspiration, and discernment. This year I felt impressed to reorganize how I study, in order to be more diligent in my preparations for, and participation in, Sunday School and Relief Society. This past week went particularly well in terms of study, and I think I am on the right track for now. At odd moments over the past several days, I have gotten promptings and glimmers of inspiration regarding some of the practicalities of daily life. By seeking first the kingdom of Heaven, and striving to be more obedient and more apt to receive guidance, I am seeing ways to become a better steward of the time, talents, and means which Heaven has provided. I am still unlearning bad habits from the years of poverty. I still have much to learn of true principles, but I am encouraged.

Things I am going to try: purchasing more stock in the company whose stock I inherited from Beloved. I will check into that this week. Setting up a plan to purchase US Savings Bonds, as I did a number of years ago. Setting up an IRA to go with my 401K. Studying trends and prayerfully considering other stocks to purchase ~ in a small way. Resuming the support of some of my private charities, even before I finish paying off my line of credit, so that when I am (yet again) debt-free, I will use the increase to bless others as well as provide for my future.

No comments: