About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

End of an era.

 I sold Lorelai last Saturday. Took this picture in the driveway before heading to Squishy's and then to the dealership. I had her for nearly one-sixth of my life. I've never kept a car alive that long. More precisely, she lasted four more years than any other car I've owned. So I'm hoping that the Tardis will do as well.

I've been puny again. Monday afternoon my eyes started watering for no apparent reason. Monday night the wind blew all sorts of nonsense around. Tuesday morning I started sneezing as soon as I stepped out the front door, and I was emulating the love child of the 1812 Overture and a Gatling gun until I came home early and went to bed. I'm taking a different antihistamine, and it seems to be working better than the Allerclear. It also makes me a little sleepy.

I stayed home from work today but expect to go back tomorrow. I've watched Star Wars 1 and 2, which I brought home from Squishy's a couple of weeks ago. I finished the first baby sock, which needs to be gifted on Saturday, and cast on the second. I worked a little on The Albatross. Very pleased with today's progress on that.

I also finished the first volume in The Work and the Glory and am well into the second.

Trying to figure out if I'm sufficiently sleepy to call it a night. I had a good nap in the middle of the day, and I've resisted the temptation to take another one. 

No comments: