About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

5th Serqet Court of Appeals

No, you don't want to take your case there if you lose. A truly brutal venue. Why? Egyptian scorpion goddess. Quite possibly the inventor of rough justice. Take your we-wuz-robbed no-negligence verdict and get on with your life. If Serqet upholds the lesser court's verdict, there'll be nothing left of you to file an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Yes, I've finished The Kane Chronicles. I own the first volume in the Norse series but am reading The Demigod Diaries, in between spurts of creativity.

I am tired. (In part because I stayed up far too late night before last to finish the third volume in the Egyptian series.) I am hungry. I have drunk significantly more water than usual the past couple of days, and I don't know if it's the new medication or just my allergies. I'm not worried. I don't feel sick. Just observant, and curious. And strangely unsatisfied.

Speaking of which, I had the start of one of those dreams a couple of nights ago. Beloved and I were smooching madly, and I woke up well before there could be any natural conclusions. I remember muttering, "What, did they notice you were missing?" and praying, "I hope he misses me as much as I do him. That was so unfair!" before falling back asleep.

In the fourteen years before I remarried, I got very good at sublimating my Heaven-sent natural desires into channels that would not cause trouble for me or anyone else. Those chaste habits will serve me well until I am reunited with Beloved and we get our resurrected bodies and the all-clear.

Interesting random factoid: my Gram and I were about the same age when we lost our husbands.

And I am finding new cousins right and left because of the AncestryDNA thing. Got a response from a second cousin once removed, who has four kids who live around here. It will be interesting getting to know him.

I'm outta here. There's a tiny green sock that needs its ends woven in, and I want to read a smidgen before calling it a night. My focus at work today was not as sharp as I would like, or as it was last week, and I'm hoping that a solid night's sleep will improve my prospects tomorrow. I did a good job today, and I'm thankful, but it was rather more of a slog than I'm used to.

Tomorrow is my next to last day at the current salary. Raise kicks in next week, huzzah! Something I have no wish to appeal.

No comments: