About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Good news, bad news, progress, and a belly laugh.

The good news is that in the next day or so I will get a nice fat reimbursement from my health care savings account. The bad news is that I have exhausted my allotment for the year, and it's not even the end of March! The worse news is that I found out, after the fact, that my HMO pays for a colonoscopy only every tenth year. So it paid for part of last week's procedure, but I will apparently be writing a check to my internist.  And another one in three years, when I go back for a recheck, since they took out five polyps.

On the other hand, it's only money, and I can always earn more of it. This is going to affect my calculations for what I will need to retire in semi-comfort, and when.

Possible good news is that I will join the Medicare crowd next year, and that may give me a few more options. Not holding my breath, but maybe it will help.

In knitting news, I am finally making progress on the sweater for Middlest's doll. I need more colors of yarn, and I just spent a happy quarter of an hour looking at Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace online. It's almost exactly the same weight as the Knit Picks Shadow that I love so much: 429 yards per 50g ball, as opposed to 440 yards per 50g hank.

And I'm making good progress on The Albatross. I look forward to working on it tomorrow, but tonight I'm just going to put everything away, take my meds, and call it a day. Work wore me out, because nearly everything was closed for Good Friday, and we weren't, and I ran out of stuff to do at a quarter to four.

The belly laugh comes from the response to my note to that General Authority's father, with whom I had worked before I married and started a family. He stated very sweetly that no, he did not remember me after 40 years, but was glad that I am still firmly in the Church. Just a very nice note from a very nice man. And my primary purpose had been to thank him for his good example.

Shutting down the popcorn stand and hoping that my cogitation follows in quick succession. I am tired of braining and adulting.

No comments: