About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

It's been a good, weird day.

Woke up to daylight, feeling rested. Ate a leisurely breakfast, then put on my grownup clothes and drove down to the building surplus store for a scouting mission.

I found three gorgeous vessel sinks, and if they are still there next weekend, I will mostly likely buy two of them. I'll stick one in my studio until there is time and budget to redo the guest loo. Right now, having two functional bathrooms is a higher priority than having both of them spiffed up. And the sink in the master bath definitely needs replacing. I took lots of pictures, and the crowd went wild on Facebook.

Came home and read for a few hours, then took a nap that woke me just as the Women's Broadcast was beginning.  I missed most of the first video, but I can catch that later online. Right now I'm just so thankful for a charged-up phone and the BYU TV app.

Made a 9:30 Bueno run and tanked the Tardis while I was at it. In my pajamas (with my bra on underneath). I'm practicing to be an eccentric old lady. How'm I doing?

At this point I am spiritually and physically fed, and I've yet to touch The Albatross, although I have researched whether Bueno is a publicly held company (it's not), and what is available to restrain cargo in the back of the Tardis.

One of the things that happened today, is that I stopped at my favorite thrift store and dropped off the standing drafting table that I traded with J after that estate sale that Fourthborn and I hit last year. The pieces have been riding around in the back of the Tardis for months. The bolts and their nuts have been rolling around on the floorboard on the passenger side. While I was rooting around, I found one of the missing 4" DP needles and diligently scrounged for the others, but I think I may have lost both of them in Lorelai, in which case they are sitting in a cube in a landfill, or surprising somebody in a junkyard.

This is the part where I step away from the computer, wash the taco dust off my hands, and give The Albatross an hour of my time, with the timer set so I don't inadvertently wander into the Sabbath. And then I will read (again) until my body says we're tired.

Oh, and I should take my medicine. Like, 45 minutes ago.

No comments: