About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Not much to report.

Nobody had to go to the ER. Fourthborn continues to mend. She's added two hard-boiled eggs per day to her diet and is tolerating them well. We are going to reintroduce dairy a week from tomorrow.

I had a wonderful nap after church. Before that, I spent some time picking out stitches that formed a horizontal tuck across the front of a shirt my friend Beth gave me several months ago. It hadn't hung right on her, so she carefully lifted the front edge by a couple of edges, tapering the tuck to nothing at the underarm seams. And since she hadn't trimmed the excess fabric, with a minimum of effort on my part I now have a machine-embroidered tunic that is very boho and is on a hanger in my studio, waiting to be pressed into service. (ba dum ching!)

Middlest has not had as nice a day. Still battling the kidney stone. Still battling the diverticulosis. And yawned wrong this morning, triggering a first-ever episode of trigeminal neuralgia and instant migraine. I can hear the sound of logs being steadily sawn, with no hint of apnea.

Today is Squishy's birthday and would have been Beloved's 68th birthday. I have no idea what tomorrow might bring, other than a whole lot of sewing, knitting, and napping, but today was very sweet and peaceful. Not a trace of angst in my heart or body. I am two years older than he got to be in mortality.

In knitting news, the I-cord bind-off is all the way down the back edge and around that first, extremely pointed corner. I think I'll turn on my Pandora and see how much more gets done before I'm sleepy again. It was a very long nap...

No comments: