About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

If you like cheese enchiladas, getting caught in the rain...

Seriously. I saw that on a billboard tonight as I drove home through several forms of extremely audible precipitation. One of the local TexMex restaurants, with a really great ad team. I snickered for several miles thereafter.

I think I have the "walking with three legs" thing down pretty well. I'm actually picking up speed, at least compared to two weeks ago. And I treated myself to a new tip for the cane. It's quieter than the tissue-paper snippet of black rubber that capped it originally, which is a good thing considering that I work in a restored historical building in downtown BigD, and the floors are hardwood, and there's an atrium in the center that makes every hiccup sound like grand opera. So I'm no longer sounding like a gatling gun slowed down to 33-1/3rpm.

LittleBit's purple socks are done. Picture? You want proof? Sorry, you'll just have to trust me.

Red Scarf Project opus is done, all but the weaving-in of the ends, and given my present energy level we'll pretend that I really meant to make it for *next* year. Yes, I'm quite clear as to what is paved with good intentions but you'll just have to roll me there in my handbasket, as I'm not currently in the mood to walk that far.

First sock from my Schaeffer "Lola" is done, and I cast on its mate this morning. Used the broken rib from Sock Wars, the slip stitch heel from another pair, the more gradual gusset decrease that I should have used for LittleBit's socks but didn't, and a three-needle bind-off at the toe.

What's next? Middlest grandchild has a Valentine's dance and needs a bolero. Have a pattern to modify and am thinking two or three featherweight yarns knit as one so she can keep it on and remain modest without carrying her own portable sauna on her shoulders. And also so I can knit it up in a couple of days and get back to destashing.

...Mama needs a new pair of socks...

No comments: