About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Jersey Octoberfest

Run, do not walk, to today's Non Sequitur: http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/. If you are reading this sometime other than 23 October, that is the date you want. I think this struck me funny because of the Harlot’s recent comment on “Jersey drivers”. The children’s father learned to drive in New York City; it must be something in the water.

Some actual decorating is getting done chez nous. LittleBit got up on a chair after work on Sunday and hung this for me.



And that night I put my estate-sale dress form up on the sofa table and threw my Red Hatter feather boa around her neck. I got a bit of inspiration yesterday morning and had no time to follow through until last night. This is what she looks like now.



Those are hip scarves that I collected nine years ago, when I was taking bellydancing classes. I think they add a nice “Junk Gypsy” touch. I am trying to come up with a name for her. So far there are no clear winners, but “Mehitabel” sounds like a distinct possibility. Suggestions, anybody?

And here is M. Clapotis, worn to work last Friday and to church on Sunday.



One side of the zipper is basted on LittleBit’s hoodie. I have no idea where my thread has gotten to, not even junk thread to baste it. [I do know where the sewing needles are. Go figure.] I will run by JoAnn’s before joining the Sisters of the Wool; there’s one in the same outdoor mall as the bookstore where we are meeting tonight.



The focus could be better, but the colors are pretty close to true.

I will have some free time this morning after dropping LittleBit at school. I have a dental appointment at 9:45. That gives me almost 2-1/2 hours to play! I think I will spend an hour or so rummaging in boxes. [I found the toaster this morning. Mr. Rogers wants to know if you can say Eggo.] And if I’m lucky, then some basting. And definitely some knitting.

3 comments:

Tinker Belle said...

What an incredible pattern on that last piece. Beautiful! Where do you find patterns like that? I would love a similar one for DS10's sampler quilt.
~Tinks

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Yes, I was admiring that skilful design too - cabling a-la-Lavold or appliqued i-cord? Either way it's stunning.

Wanda said...

Wow, that Quilt is stunning! Such a perfect size for a wall hanging.

Mehitabel, sounds funky fun but perhaps a tad clunky for a glam gypsy dancer.

I'm with Jo & Tinker Belle on the hoodie - wow!