About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Just a quick post

The tub is filling. I woke about an hour and a half before my alarm and have spent much of the morning puttering in the kitchen. Divided up the ground beef I bought a few days ago and made myself a hamburger patty for an appetizer, and a little while ago a bowl of cream of wheat with brown sugar and freshly grated nutmeg. And now I have one slice of the boule which I’ve toasted and am enjoying it with my mug of milk.

Sat with Decorator Dude on the train home last night. We overheard somebody on the cell phone, talking with somebody at home, “No, I had that for lunch today.” Pause. “No, I had that for lunch yesterday.”

And I said to Decorator Dude, “One of the blessings of living alone is that I never have conversations like that.”

His phone rang shortly after that. And he said, “I’ll be home shortly. What would you like for dinner? OK, sounds great, would you mind starting the salad? See you soon.” Sounds like he doesn’t have those conversations, either.

While I was playing with the ground beef this morning, I baked some meatloaf muffins. They are cooling in the fridge. When the girls were little, they loved hamburgers. I have never been able to make them as tasty as Mom did, and I learned something of human psychology while raising the girls. Meatloaf is yucky. Hamburgers are yummy. A batch of meat formed into patties and cooked in a skillet, garners compliments. A batch of meat seasoned more or less identically and formed into a meatloaf, garners complaints.

I will be having a meatloaf muffin, possibly two, with dinner tonight. If they taste half as good as they smell, I will have no complaints.

I forgot which station I rode in from, yesterday, and came all the way in last night, only to remember that my car was back at Richland Hills. Thankfully, the train has a 20-minute layover, so I got right back on and finished turning the heel on the Mean Green Jellybeans. I am not entirely satisfied and will probably frog back and redo it, but first I will cast on the other sock and bring it to the end of the gusset increases.

The second clue came out on the Mystery Sock, and my printer thinks it wants fresh cartridges, so I may have to print this off at the library or have one of the kids do it, because lately my printer doesn’t want to print in grayscale. Oh gee, I guess I am forced [grin] to work on the second green sock today, right?

I’ll close with this link, because it’s always good to be reminded.

2 comments:

Aisling said...

And cupcakes tase better than a slice of cake.

Jenni said...

ANd may I add that even in my thirties... I still think meatloaf is disgusting.