About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crazier-Busier

RS meeting on Tuesday night went well. People showed up whom we hoped would show up, teachers did a great job, refreshments were excellent.

Work is wonderful; I am learning a lot. I didn’t take a break yesterday, except for the occasional pit stop. And I took lunch almost an hour late. Made for a short afternoon.

Heading to the dentist in a few. Just the 20,000 smile checkup. So, driving in to work, and heading to the temple tonight.

M’s sock is going well. I cast on at church on Sunday and am nearly half finished with the gusset increases. This is a purple tweed sport-weight or possibly DK yarn, so it’s progressing quickly. I was ready for some knitterly instant gratification.

Allowed myself to sleep in, sans alarm, this morning. Woke up naturally at 4:50, puttered online for a bit, moseyed over to the health club. Used the blue dumbbells on every other lap, just to change things up. It will be interesting to see if I can move my arms later today, or when I get up in the morning. I can’t take the dumbbells the entire length of the pool: around the 4’6” level, excessive buoyancy makes it impossible for me to move forward in the water. And the dumbbells slow me down incredibly. [Did I accidentally pray for patience, and not remember it?]

Just had a carton of yogurt to tide me over, and am taking both lunch and dinner to work with me.

Oh hark! I hear an English muffin calling my name...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Maybe next week Derek & I can meet up with you in Dallas after work.