About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Saturday

When viewed in Martha-mode, yesterday was pretty much a washout. When viewed in Mary-mode, it was wonderful and relaxing, and the most important bits got done. The most important bits include caring for this middle-aged body in a loving and respectful way and finding out [to paraphrase Joseph Smith to his mother, on another topic] that yoga (for me, for now) is not true, getting my nails done, and spending time with my best friend.

I came home and took a nap. One of those naps that began at approximately dinnertime and ended six hours later, which means that it is currently just after midnight, and I am hungry, and I don’t know whether I should have a bowl of cereal or a bowl of mac and cheese. Considering that I did not have my full complement of fruit and veggies yesterday, I am inclined toward the latter, heavily supplemented with carrot sticks and an apple. Maybe, just maybe, cracking open a jar of Nutella and dredging my apple slices through it.

I am not craving chocolate as much as I used to. Maybe all the new veggieness and fruitiness is satisfying needs that I didn’t know I had?

I found this article on Meridian on Friday. I will put up a link on Facebook, but this is for the rest of you. It’s about taking charge of one’s college education, and since two of my children are in the throes of completing their degrees, and I am toying with the idea of completing mine at some nebulous future date, I thought it both appropriate and encouraging. By the way, for those of you who are LDS, doesn’t the writer look just like his wonderful dad?

And then I guess I will knit until I am sleepy again...

1 comment:

Tola said...

his dad, and Paul Shaffer.