About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Epoxy on both your houses!

A big part of yesterday’s presidency meeting involved decoupage. We are making birthday gifts for the Primary kids and their teachers. I managed to get a narrow swathe of epoxy on the inside of my thumb. It will be there awhile.

The boys did indeed come over; they barfed out the garage, as Beloved would put it, carted off a bunch of stuff, and stacked a crazy amount of it neatly on the curb for trash day. It will be interesting to see how much of said trash disappears between now and Tuesday morning. When we put the dead fridge out on the curb a few weeks ago, it was gone by the time we got home from church.

One of the found objects was Beloved’s yearbook from his senior year of high school. It is near my chair in the living room, the better to be savored in the very near future.

The nearest LYS had the needle tips I wanted for StellaLuna. Also the last kit like the one I gave my sister for her birthday, but at 30% off.

I also made a trip to Home Depot, where I got a replacement latch for the storm door. I made a pretty good start at putting it together but lost patience (and was a wee bit lacking in hand strength to drive in the screws), so one of the twins finished the job for me. Picked up a tube of wood putty for the vanity in the guest bathroom, and purchased one lonely vinyl tile to bring home and see how it goes with the paint (wonderfully) and what Beloved thought of it (thumbs-up). Since I plan to paint the vanity a shade or two darker than the tile in that bathroom (a warm medium beige, I think), the tile should not darken the room too much.

Beloved tripped over, or stepped badly around, one of the boxes between where he was sitting and the front door. He went down hard onto his right knee. Good news is, nothing appears to be broken, and we can get the blood out of his jeans. I really do handle blood well. Got him cleaned up and Neosporin’ed and bandaged without turning a hair. Other good news is that we already had a nice stash of hydrocodone, which helps with the pain if not the stiffness.

Our lovely neighbors, the ones who make the terrific tamales (never thought I would use those two words in the same sentence, much less adjacent to one another), brought over dinner for Beloved and me: pork chunks and refried beans and rice with a fiery green chile sauce. Oh my!

The second scariest thing that happened yesterday occurred last night, while the Packers were playing. Beloved was out of the room, grabbing the Neosporin and the band-aids, when #85 got the ball and very nearly scored a touchdown. Some deranged woman in our living room was hollering, “Go! Go! Go!”

We start the new schedule today, 11:00 to 2:00, which I loathe nearly as much as the 9:00 to noon schedule. My favorite continues to be 1:00 to 4:00, which Beloved despises. Oh well, we can’t expect to see eye to eye on everything.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow, how are we related? 9-noon is the best church schedule because you still have most of the day leftover after church. 1-4 is the worst because by the time you get home from church (barring meetings or choir practice) it's dinner time and then next things you know you should have been asleep 30 minutes ago and there's still laundry to be done.