About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Very very very quick post.

Because I am was about ready to fall over. (This is the post I wanted to publish last night, but Blogger was having a hissyfit, so I copied it to Word and called it a night.)

I came to the computer to work on bills and make sure that I had the right days for this month’s birthday cards. I found an email from our bishop, asking me to update the letter I wrote to the First Presidency last year requesting the sealing cancellation. Once more, the paperwork is moving forward. I spent something between an hour and an hour and a half retyping the original letter, then editing and updating it. Four pages, single spaced, emailed to the bishop, then printed off with an original signature. I dropped off the hard copy on my way to work today.

Bishop will need to write a letter. Our stake president (this stake) will need to write a letter. And then it goes to Salt Lake where the prophet himself will have to read it all. When I shut down the computer last night, I was feeling approximately the way Beloved’s knee looks: messy, raw, and ready to bleed at the slightest opportunity. My thoughts were chasing round and round like a nut-crazed hamster on a squeaky wheel.

I headed back out to the living room and had a bowl of ice cream, then made a birthday card for one of my newly acquired (Beloved) sisters, whose birthday is Thursday. Then I did one for the eldest grandson. This morning I made a third one, for 1BDH.

I did remember to pay a bill which had come due.

I went to bed around 1:00a.m. and got through the day powered by constant snacking and the last of yesterday’s Coke. We had no phones at work yesterday and for much of today. It made for a blessedly quiet office, and I got a surprising amount of stuff done, but it was weird to have faxes coming in and not be able to send faxes out.

I think I have finished the first fake vest panel. When I publish this, I will head back out to the living room to stitch it onto Beloved’s sweater and cast on the second panel. I will also need to calculate where the buttonholes should go.

All that ruminating last night, surprisingly enough did not infest my dreams, at least not that I remember. But it made for a very tender, thoughtful drive into work today and a nice, stress-busting five minute weep. By the time I got to work, I was clear eyed and peaceful again.

Not sure what I want to do tonight, except spend whatever hours Beloved is awake, out in the living room with him. Maybe I’ll find a movie for us to watch. Maybe we’ll crash early. Later, gators!

1 comment:

Leslye said...

I completely understand about that particular letter. I don't know how I would have been able to write it a second time. It took me 25 years to write it the first time. Love to you both!