About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Feeling some time pressure.

Next weekend is General Conference. Also the first month of our block of the month quilt club. This will require careful orchestration. Because I want to spend as much time as possible with my daughters. And I don't want to miss a minute of Conference.

The week after that I have Time Out for Women, a joint effort of the (general) Relief Society and Deseret Book. And the Saturday night session of stake conference. A birthday party for my two eldest granddaughters has suddenly been interspersed between the two. I thought I could do all three in one very long day, but now I am going to have to choose.

I am not an indecisive person. (For most of my life I have dealt with the consequences of hasty or impulsive decisions. Mine, and others'.) I don't mind choosing between, say, eating chocolate and robbing a bank. I can do that in my sleep.

The older I get, the more my choices are between one good and another, and trying to figure out which good is the higher good at any given time.

We sing, "Choose the right, when a choice is placed before you. In the right, the Holy Spirit guides." I'm going to need some help here.

In other news, the laundry is all caught up except for folding the last load and matching the socks. I sorted more paperwork from the Dread Box Under the Desk and have about a three-inch sheaf waiting to be shredded. (Ironically, I found an exquisitely clear copy of the HUD statement on the prior mortgage.) I am up to the armscyes on Middlest's doll sweater and have made and double-checked the calculations for the sleeves. My bags are packed for work, except for my lunch.

Time to fold, match, shred, forage and sluice. (Hey, pretty good name for a law firm.)

No comments: