About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Best V-day in a long time.

Naturally, it would have been better had Beloved been here, well and whole. But failing that it was close to perfection. Mellow surprised all the ladies at work: small bouquets of roses for all the support staff, a single rose for all the female lawyers. Pure class, that boy.

My valentines were well-received.

I had a blast at Jody's party. Strengthened old friendships, made new ones, and made a lot of people laugh. Note to self: meat simmered in broth tastes way better than in oil. This was an innovation I liked!

Got a lot of little piddly stuff done yesterday. Have done the bare minimum of puttering this morning. Have some ideas jotted down for an art quilt or a painting. Read an old Conference talk due to a link on a friend's FB post. Confirmed my impressions for the quilt.

I posted a picture of Bright Lights Big City on Friday. Hard to believe that quilt is ten years old.

My carefully arranged spreadsheet for keeping the areas of my life in balance fell apart when Lorelai was in the shop. I've started picking up those threads again. I need to incorporate more movement into each day. I've made progress but not as much as I want.

The numbers are back from my well woman, and they are mostly good. However: triglycerides are up for the first time in years. Exercise would help. Glucose needs to be retested. I will try to get that done on Tuesday before Knit Night. Exercise would help there as well. I am hoping that once I know what I'll be earning in the next year, there will be sufficient for a gym membership. If not, I will need to get creative about how and where to exercise.

Living room looks really great with all the flooring stacked neatly in front of the TV. I found new homes for more stuff this weekend. And the post-Christmas clutter is almost all resolved.

The organizing cubes my friend Polley gave me a couple of months ago are now tucked inside the armoire that Scuba left behind when they moved into their new house. (There is now a sad pile of stuff that I pitched onto the floor in order to make room for the cubes. One step forward, two steps back.)

I need to get a bunch more clear plastic shoeboxes and divide up my quilt fabric by color, as it was ten years ago. Since then the shoeboxes have been liberated to hold other things, and the fabric collection has suffered.

I am happy. I feel peaceful. And I would like a nap before church, but there's no time.

No comments: