About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just checking in.

I think this is going to be one of those short weeks made up entirely of long days.

Met with the trainer on Monday night. We have roughed out a plan. Yesterday I participated in Sarah's class for 15-20 minutes and spent the rest of the time sitting on a stability ball. I left halfway through the class. Too many tools to put away, and an interesting emotional reaction which I am trying to puzzle out. My legs were like egg beaters, and I could barely walk all day.

This morning I spent ten minutes on the recumbent bike. Far easier on my body, and I worked out some of the kinks from yesterday.

One of the things the trainer said was that I was not eating enough food. I am too frugal to throw away the fun stuff, so I am incorporating small amounts with the healthier food. Packing my lunch has been a real challenge this week. I'm hoping that today I'm a little closer to getting it right. I have a framework now: X calories per day, Y grams of protein, Z grams of carbohydrates.

Knit happened yesterday, but nowhere near enough. I got distracted by one of Fourthborn's comic book anthologies.

Doctor says no need to test my blood sugar these first three months. A packet of information was waiting for me when I got home last night.

Tonight is my first banjo lesson.

No comments: