About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wow.

First banjo lesson was aMAZing. Heaven's fingerprints are all over this.

I am back from the gym already. Ten minutes on the treadmill. Zero stress, but still movement in the right direction. At this writing, I am sweating mushrooms in a little butter and olive oil. They will be joined by masses of raw spinach while I am in the shower. And I think a smoothie may also happen.

(It did.) I also fried up the lean ground beef in the same pan with a generous splash of Worcestershire sauce. Some of it joined the spinach and mushrooms in my bowl. Not a conventional breakfast, perhaps, but delicious. And one I hope will stick with me for awhile.

My house smells heavenly. And I used up the strawberries and mushrooms before they went bad.

I'm keeping a food diary for the next couple of weeks, to discuss with my trainer when we meet again.

Going to the temple tonight but will only nip in and do a few initiatories. I am out every night this week, and Saturday is pretty full. I need to do laundry, and I want to make music.

Speaking of which, Mel bought herself a purple violin. We are looking forward to chamber music together.

No comments: