About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Good Sabbath to y'all!

Weird dreams. I woke up at 5:30 and was ... really? So I puttered for a couple of hours, set the alarm and went back to bed. Woke up to the philosophies of men, mingled with scripture, from my radio. Remembered to reset the alarm for tomorrow morning. Before the waking-up, I dreamed that I was on a bus, and we stopped, and I went into a hotel restaurant to eat, looked down, and saw that I had a briefcase of some sort but had left my bag on the bus, which had disappeared. I spent the rest of the dream walking down wet, messy streets toward restaurants that disappeared, and I woke up hungry.

Yes, I am reading the Heroes of Olympus series. Yes, it is having an influence on what rattles around in my brain while I'm sleeping. Yes, I'm going to keep reading.

I made it to church on time, and a lovely surprise was waiting on the armrest of the chair next to where I sit for sacrament meeting. Last week for our intermediate hymn, our organist and a sister in the ward played a lovely duet of clarinet and piano: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus.” After sacrament meeting, I asked him, “Your arrangement?” Yes, it was. “What key is it in?” B-flat. “Could you transcribe it in C for soprano recorder?” Yes, he could. And there it was, waiting for me when I got to church today. I owe him a pan of brownies.

My hands and shins are gradually becoming a little less parched. I'm about to go slather myself and get into my jammies. Episode 4 of Downton Abbey is over. More loose ends are tied up. And I have leftover brownie brittle that survived yesterday and an hour of high toned British soap.

I've made arrangements with Mel and Squishy to get Lorelai to CarMax next Saturday morning, and me back home. I ran the numbers a couple of weeks ago, and what I could get for a private sale above what CarMax is likely to pay me, is not worth the hassle of dealing with people or having Firstborn and 1BDH deal with people for me. She needs to be inspected and have her license renewed by the end of next month, and I just want to be done. I'm a little nervous going back to having only one vehicle, and I may get something else when the mortgage is paid off, but in the meantime the Tardis will do just fine.

Oh, and I borrowed Star Wars 1-2-3 [the prequels] from Mel and Squishy. I've put the DVDs on my to-buy list for when I get my tax refund, but it might be wise to watch the movies first and see if I want to spend the money.

And now if you'll kindly excuse me, I'm going to prepare my overnight oatmeal for tomorrow's breakfast. After which I will jump back into The Lost Hero and see if I can help Percy get found.

No comments: