About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Itty bitty baby steps forward.

Mother, may I? Yes, I may. Another step forward on The Albatross. A small step backward financially while preparing to take a medium step forward. Sensible food for breakfast and dinner, even if I did not pack quite enough of it. Big old salad for dinner, and brownie brittle for dessert, a bite here and a bite there, as I finished increments of The Albatross.

I finished the first book in the Heroes of Olympus series and am going to start the second book in a few minutes. Just a handful of pages to give my dream brain something to chew on tonight.

I had a really, really good day at work today. And I suspect that tomorrow may be even better, notwithstanding the fact that we will have a support staff meeting which was postponed from earlier this month. For one thing, we will announce the fourth quarter winner of an incentive program we've been running for a little over two years. For another, we are not continuing that program this year, which means that I will get to step down as driver of the committee.

Plus, at the end of the day there will be Knit Night, and I have my colored pencil boxes stacked and waiting by the front door, and the trash and recycling will go out tomorrow morning, freeing up a smidgen more psychic energy. That's always good.

Book is calling, and my eyelids are heavy. Night, y'all.

No comments: