About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Fun at Knit Night, and afterward

There were eight of us at Panera tonight, which made for good conversation as well as good eating. I've yet to be disappointed with the food at Panera. Tonight I had a small bowl of French onion soup and half of a chicken almond sandwich.

I made a few more rounds of progress on Avery's sweater and got more ends woven in and trimmed off.

Work has gone well for the past two days. I closed another suit and kept up with things in general.

After dropping Fourthborn off at her house this evening, I popped in at the Half Price Books in northern Arlington and scored another five books for the doll bookcase. Then I drove home while listening to fairly awful classical music (not a huge fan of Ravel, which I find ironic given the name of this blog).

I've put most everything away and am about ready for bed. In a flagrant example of mind over matter, I've pressed the fabric for the next quilt blocks and moved it to my work table along with the instructions. Body was muttering I just want to go to bed, while Brain was countering, Not until you press that fabric and move it to the studio, missy!

So that's done. I also need to fold the clean laundry, but frankly I think I will just shove it to the fallow side of the bed and deal with it tomorrow morning. I didn't sleep as well last night as I do most nights, and I'd like to try to make up for that.

No comments: