About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Did I show you this?

This is the doll sweater that I made for my young friend at church, with the hat which served as a gauge swatch, and the bloomers from my stash of quilting fabrics. Pattern from DGRequiem / Requiem Art Designs on Etsy.


Today turned out nothing like I'd planned and was blessed by happy surprises. Dear friend and I rarely get to see one another. She came over this afternoon and brought her new granddaughter.

Pulled up at Costco one minute before closing and went on to Daiso, where I hoped to score miniature Easter baskets for the dolls. They had nothing that spoke to me, so I took an alternate route home because of an accident that was clearing on southbound Central Expressway, and I bought a few items at the grocery store, getting home just as we began to get a few sprinkles. We're supposed to have another nasty storm coming through in the near future.

I've started another tabard using leftover yarn from the above sweater. I've tweaked the design slightly from the Koigu one I finished a couple of days ago.

I am a happily tired mommy, and I am going to bed.

No comments: